Wednesday 16 March 2011

Treasure Hunt with a difference!

Ok….So my brother in law has for the past few years had engaged in a motorbike rally covering Ireland.  He goes out every week-end on his bike (either alone or with friends) to find and photograph a particular spot.  At the beginning of the season they receive a list of 24 places...placename, province, county and co-ordinates.  The objective is to complete the rally tour to your own timeschedule, collecting photos of the place listed and evidence that you have visited the site.... in Pat's case his motorbike appears in all of the photos.

At the end of the season the photobikers compile their photos into a book display and submit them for judging....the winners being announced on gala night which is held some time in the winter season.

For three years now I have observed this process and envied him the outcome of his seasons work when I am handed the photobook record of the years outings to some of the most beautiful places in Ireland

Each year I say the same thing... I'd love to do that.......it's like a treasure hunt with a difference.

So this year it will be different....I'm already on the ball, I have gotten from Pat the 2011 Rally destinations and I'm off! I have also downloaded the previous three years rally destinations so that I can make the most of my days in a particular area and wander and collect photos of the earlier rally destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment